|Get Involved |
Join Our Team!
"Making a difference in this world" isn't some lofty goal or feel good statement for Habitat volunteers — it's a true-to-the-core, life-altering reality.
Every day, people of all ages, races, religions, and abilities come together and give of their time and talents to help eliminate substandard housing. In the process, they have left their mark throughout the Greater Lansing Area — not only with the near 100 homes built or rehabilitated over the last 23 years, but also in the support and redirection they have offered to the extended Habitat family members throughout Lansing.
Volunteer opportunities abound throughout Habitat for Humanity. From construction labor to committee participation, fundraising to homebuyer relations, there are always places to get involved.
Some current needs:
1. Site hosts: tasks include: greeting volunteers and gathering paperwork for crews on site, assist with meals, run errands, organize tools and materials onsite, keeping the site clean and other tasks as assigned. Training will be provided. Time commitment: a few hours once or twice a month at a minimum.
2. Are you lead abatement certified? We sometimes have to abate lead when we renovate houses. If you have a week or some daytime available, we could use your help. [ Email ] Tony.
3. One or two people to work at least one day a week (not weekends) during daytime hours in our warehouse and delivering supplies to our current builds. Contact Dena at (517) 374-1313 x 20 or [ email ].
4. Faith Relations Committee volunteers to advocate for our mission to local faith communities and to assist in general faith outreach activities. The committee meets the first Tuesday of the month, at 5:15 p.m. at the Habitat Lansing office, located at 1941 Benjamin Drive in Lansing. Please contact Vicki at 374-1313 x 11 if you are interested in joining this committee.
5. Support Partners to work with approved homebuyers in the homeownership program. Volunteer job description is available by calling Heather at 374-1313 x 12 or [ email ].
We also encourage businesses and faith-based or service organizations to consider our Adopt-a-Day volunteer opportunity. If you want to experience a "retreat" above and beyond your expectations, a Habitat build site is the place to be! Please contact Dena at (517) 374-1313 x 20 or [ email ].
To volunteer in construction or at an event as an individual with Habitat for Humanity Lansing, click here.
1941 Benjamin Drive
Lansing, MI 48906
Office: (517) 374-1313
ReStore: (517) 374-6235
Fax: (517) 374-6279
© 2014 Habitat For Humanity Lansing
[ phone: (517) 374-1313 ] [ Contact via Email ]
|The Habitat experience is a blessing for those who really need someone to help them.
Alyce, Habitat Lansing homeowner